- Serves 4
Chimichurri SauceSend me these ingredients
Steak & Eggs with Chimichurri
- To make chimichurri sauce, finely chop parsley and garlic, or quickly pulse a food processor. Tip into a bowl and whisk in remaining ingredients (oil through chilli flakes). Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Thread zucchini, tomato and onion onto skewers, and brush with a tablespoon or so of chimichurrri sauce. Preheat a heavy-based pan or barbecue grill plate to medium-high. Cook veggie skewers 5 - 6 minutes, turning once. Arrange over quinoa.
- Drizzle steaks with olive oil and season both sides with salt. Increase barbecue heat to high and cook T-bone steaks 5 minutes, until a golden crust has formed on one side. Turn and cook a further 3 - 4 minutes. Using tongs, hold steak on the centre bone and turn to sear all the way around, including the flat-bone end. Transfer to a board, cover loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes. While the steak rests, cook eggs to your liking.
- Cut both sides of the steak from the bone, slice and spoon over half the chimichurri sauce. Serve steak with fried eggs, quinoa, roasted veggies, and remaining chimichurri.
- This recipe is a great one to serve family-style. Pack any leftovers together for a quick lunch the next day.
- If using ribeye on the bone, cook for an extra minute or two per side, until cooked to your liking.