- Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160° fan-forced). Place beef in a large snap lock bag or dish, add half the oil, season and mix well.
- Heat a large ovenproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Brown beef for 3 to 4 minutes in 2 or 3 batches, setting beef aside on a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes. Add carrots and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add korma paste and stir for 1 minute. Gradually pour in stock, add tomatoes, coconut milk and sugar. Stir until mixture boils.
- Return beef and any juices to the dish and add cinnamon stick, stirring well. Cover and place in oven. Stir occasionally, adding a little water if needed to keep ingredients just covered for 1 ¼ to 1 ½ hours or until beef is tender. Remove from heat, stir through peas and kale and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes
- Sprinkle curry with almonds and serve with coriander, rice and roti.
- Beef casserole cuts
Chuck or boneless shin/gravy beef take 2-2½ hours to cook. Topside, round and blade take 1-1½ hours to cook
- Swap the korma paste for rogan josh or Madras paste.
- You could use silverbeet, English spinach or baby spinach instead of kale.