- Serves 4
Radicchio and Pear SaladSend me these ingredients
Bistecca Alla Florentina, Radicchio & Pear Salad
- Allow beef to come to room temperature for 10-15 minutes before cooking. Drizzle over olive oil, rub into meat. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat a barbeque or char-grill to a high heat. Place steaks on grill and lower heat to medium. Brush steaks occasionally with rosemary. Steaks are ready to turn when juices come to the top (10-15 minutes), turn and cook for remaining time or until tender. Transfer to a chopping board. Rest for half the cooking time, covered loosely with foil.
- To make Salad: Combine oil and thyme leaves, brush radicchio, barbeque for 1-2 minutes each side or until charred. Transfer to a platter, drain pears, add to radicchio and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- To make the Salsa Verde, place all ingredients in a bowl, stir to combine well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice steak across the grain, serve with radicchio salad and Salsa Verde.
- When cooking to the desired doneness, it is best to probe the meat with a thermometer. Check our cooking conversion times for an indication of desired doneness, temperature and cook time.
- The meat continues to cook after removing from heat. For example, the internal temperature (56-58◦C) so it can raise to 62-65◦C after resting for medium rare.
- Salsa Verde can be made in a food processor, put all ingredients in processor except oil and lemon juice, process and gradually add oil and lemon juice.