- Serves 4
Cajun steak roll, mayonnaise and fennel slaw
- Preheat a ridged chargrill or barbeque to moderately high. Rub the steaks with the Cajun seasoning and some olive oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest on a plate for 5 minutes, covering loosely with foil.
- Mix the fennel, cabbage and chives together. Mix the mayonnaise with the ajvar.
- Place the steaks on the rolls with the slaw and mayonnaise.
- For a lower fat option, try serving the steak and slaw in lettuce cups, adding the ajvar without the mayonnaise.
- Turn this into a salad by removing the bread and mayonnaise. Simply dress with some olive oil and white wine vinegar.
- Save time by using a mandolin to shave the fennel and cabbage.
*Ajvar is a spiced and roasted red capsicum relish, available in Continental delis or larger supermarkets. You can substitute it with finely chopped roasted red capsicum.