Char-grilled flat iron steak with feta and capers
- Preheat a char grill over high heat. Brush steaks with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Once char grill is very hot, place steaks on grill and cook 2 minutes each side for medium rare. (Shoot note-you may need another minute so steaks are not too red, will depend on how thick steaks are). Allow steaks to rest, then slice thinly.
- Wash capers and pat dry with paper towel. Heat remaining oil in a small frying pan over high heat and when hot, add capers and fry until crisp. Tip into a small bowl, reserving flavoured oil for drizzling.
- Arrange watercress and cucumber on serving plate and scatter over feta, fried capers and sliced beef. Drizzle with lemon juice and flavoured olive oil.
- Swap watercress for baby cos or mixed salad leaves.
- Swap feta for slices of haloumi and cook it in the same pan as the capers. Serve hot.
- This salad is also good cold, so perfect to prepare the night before and have as a tasty lunch at work.