- Serves 4
Chuck steak burrito
- In a large casserole dish or saucepan heat the oil over medium heat and cook the onion for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the spices and cook for 1 minute. Add the beef and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Add the chipotle sauce, oregano and ¾ cup water. Season, stir well and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 1 ½ hours or until beef is tender. Remove from heat and stir through the chocolate, if using.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to packet instructions.
- Warm tortillas according to packet instructions. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Top the tortillas with rice, beans, beef mixture, avocado, tomatoes, lettuce, and coriander sprigs. Wrap up the burrito to enclose the filling and serve with sour cream and lime wedges.
- Gravy beef would also work well in this recipe
- The beef filling would also be great in tacos or quesadillas
- Chipotle in adobo sauce is available in the Mexican section of the supermarket or grocer.