African Char-grilled Beef
- Place the blade steaks on a tray while you make the marinade.
- Place the pineapple, garlic, peanuts, paprika and 1 tablespoon of oil into a blender or food processor, and blend to a smooth paste. Spoon half the marinade over the steaks and marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge. Reserve the remaining marinade for serving.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute, then refresh in iced water. Drain and char grill for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- For spiced beans, heat the oil in a frying pan over low-medium heat and cook the garlic for around 1 minute, until fragrant but not brown. Add the capsicum and cook for 2-3 minutes, and then add the beans, lemon juice and paprika and toss to warm through. Season to taste and fold the parsley through before serving.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan and cook the steaks for 3 minutes each side for medium. The mixture will catch a little in the pan, but it makes a delicious crust on the beef.
- For a more textural marinade, finely chop the ingredients or pound them in a mortar and pestle.
- To save time, drain a tin of pineapple instead of using a fresh one.
- Try swapping the blade steaks for rump, sirloin or veal schnitzels.
Switch to make: African Chargrilled beef skewers
Dice beef and place on skewers, marinade and chargrill as per the recipe. Serve with lemon wedges and cayenne pepper to sprinkle, if desired.