- Serves 4
American ‘Fiesta’ skirt steak salad
- Place marinade ingredients in a food processor and process until finely chopped and almost a paste. Marinate steak for at least 30 minutes in the marinade blend or up to two hours.
- Preheat a char grill over high heat . Remove meat from marinade and wipe off what you can. Cook steak pieces 2 minutes on each side for medium rare or 5 minutes for medium and set aside to rest. Wipe pan with paper towel and do not change temperature of pan.
- In a mixing bowl, toss capsicum, and onion with oil, salt and pepper then add to chargrill pan. Cook for 8-10 minutes until very soft, add tomatoes and cook until grilled and softened, adding the balsamic vinegar toward the end. Place rocket leaves on a platter, top with caramelized vegetables and beans, then add avocado slices and top with thinly sliced steak. Drizzle with some extra balsamic and olive oil and serve.
- You can serve salad rolled up as burritos in store- bought , warmed flour tortillas as a ‘do‐it-yourself’ rustic dinner in the center of the table
- Leftovers can be wrapped up in a wrap the night before in foil and toasted the next day for lunch.
- Can serve with tinned refried beans instead of whole borlotti beans.
- You can substitute any soft cheese here such as goats cheese, grated tasty or labne (Mediterranean yoghurt cheese).