- Brush the steaks lightly with oil. Season the steaks well on both sides with the steak seasoning. Preheat the barbecue char-grill to hot before adding the steaks.
- Cook on one side until the first sign of moisture appears. Turn steaks once only. Test the steaks for degree of doneness with tongs. Rare is soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm.
- Remove steaks from heat, loosely cover with foil and rest steaks for 2 to 4 minutes before serving.
- Serve the steaks with your favourite salad or vegetables.
- Sirloin steaks are sometimes called Porterhouse or New York steaks. An all-time favourite, sirloin steaks have a fine, yet firm texture and are rich in flavour.
- Best beef cuts for barbecuing: fillet/tenderloin, rib eye/scotch fillet, sirloin/porterhouse/New York, T-bone, rump.