- Pre-heat oven to 170◦.
- Sprinkle flour over beef cheeks to coat. Heat half the oil in a heavy based casserole dish, add cook for 3-4 minutes each side. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add remaining oil. Add onions and bacon. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Return beef cheeks and juices to pan. Add wine, bring to the boil. Add stock and tomato paste, bring back to the boil. Remove from heat and cover.
- Transfer casserole dish to the oven and braise for 3½ hours or until meat is tender.
- Add mushrooms. Cover and return to oven for a further 20 minutes, along with cherry tomatoes on a roasting tray. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with mashed potato, crushed peas and roasted cherry tomatoes.