- Heat a heavy based casserole dish over medium-high heat. Spray dish with oil. Cook the beef in batches, turning until browned. Transfer to a clean plate.
- Add the curry paste, cinnamon, tamarind and lemongrass to dish. Stir for 1 minute until fragrant. Return the beef to dish.
- Add stock, coconut milk and half the lime leaves. Stir, season and cover. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 45-50 minutes until beef is tender.
- Scatter curry with remaining shredded lime leaves and sliced red chilli. Serve with rice, pickled qukes, coconut and steamed green vegetables.
- Diced gravy beef will also work well in this recipe.
- Double your recipe and freeze leftovers for readymade freezer meal. Defrost over night in the fridge before re heating.
- Add extra chilli for more heat. Adding peas or spinach to curry just before serving will increase vegetable intake.
- To bruise the lemongrass hit it firmly several times with the back of a knife blade.