- Serves 4
Beef striploin with pesto zucchini noodles
- Lightly spray a char-grill pan or barbecue with oil. Heat over medium-high heat and cook steaks for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil to rest for 5 minutes. In the same pan, cook asparagus for 3-4 minutes until lightly charred. Cut asparagus into 3cm lengths.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat, add zoodles and toss for 1-2 minutes to heat through. Add pesto, tomatoes, asparagus and pine nuts and toss to coat. Season.
- Thinly slice beef. Top zoodle mixture with beef, sprinkle with parmesan and basil. Serve with rocket and lemon wedges.
- Sirloin, scotch fillet or rump steak would also work well in this recipe.
- You will need a vegetable spiraliser for this recipe – alternatively you can use a vegetable peeler and cut the strips with a knife into “zoodles”.
- Use your choice of pre-made pesto or make your own, if desired.