- Serves 5
Beef tacos with rainbow vegetables
- 1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Season with cumin, coriander, and paprika and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince until browned. Finally, add crushed tomato and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat taco shells following packet directions and prepare all the remaining fillings. Remember that kids love to try different colours, texture and flavours - so shred the lettuce and the cabbage. Cut the tomatoes into semi circles. Pop the corn into a bowl and allow them to spoon it into their tacos. Mash the avocado with lime and coriander stems. Tear the coriander leaves.
- Serve family share style in the middle of the table and allow each family member to compile their own.
- Kids love eating with their hands and they love being able to decide what they will eat for dinner. We serve our tacos family style, with all of the veggies in the middle, so that people can take their favourites (or at least give something new - say purple cabbage instead of iceberg lettuce - a try).
- You could even try playing a game for creating the most colourful taco to get your kids in the healthy eating spirit!