- Serves 4
Cheat’s polenta shepherd’s pie
- In a large deep fry pan, heat the oil and add the onions, carrot and zucchini. Cook on a high heat until they start to brown.
- Add the beef mince and stir, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned all over. Add bay leaves, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until the mix begins to dry.
- Add the beef stock, turn down the heat and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, add the polenta, salt and 750mls (3 cups) of water. Bring to the boil, stirring frequently.
- Turn down the heat and protect the lid partly-open over the pot. Simmer, stirring frequently, until the polenta is thick and creamy (about 10 minutes). Be careful towards the end as it will bubble and splat - keep that lid in place! Turn the heat off the polenta and stir through the feta.
- To serve, season the pie mixture and then spoon into the dish or bowl, top evenly with the polenta and garnish with parsley.
Recipe by @natalie.zee