- Serves 4
Brown rice and lentil saladSend me these ingredients
Cypriot-style beef kebabs
- Prepare beef skewers. Cut beef, haloumi and capsicum into 3 cm pieces and thread onto skewers with mushrooms. Reserve 1 cup finely diced capsicum for the salad. Brush skewers lightly with oil and set aside.
- Place brown rice in a small saucepan and add 4 cups of water. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook rice for 25 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Finely zest and juice one orange into a bowl and combine with oil, salt and pepper, and half the mint leaves, finely chopped. Whisk to combine the dressing and pour half of it over rice and lentils with the vinegar. Reserve other half for brushing the skewers. Top rice mixture with capsicum, celery, raisins and remaining mint leaves. Segment the remaining orange into the bowl and toss to combine.
- Heat a BBQ grill. Cook skewers on each side until golden and cooked to your liking, about 15 minutes for medium. Baste with the reserved dressing as you go. Serve with rice and lentil salad.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 10 minutes before using so they don't catch alight while cooking.
- Cut beef and vegetables to the same size so they cook evenly
- Cook rice in a rice cooker as an easy alternative. Use 1 cup of rinsed rice to 2 cups water.
Switch to make
Greek beef skewers- swap mint for oregano and orange for lemon and add feta to the rice salad.