- Serves 6
To serveSend me these ingredients
Festive pistachio and pomegranate beef tagine
- Place beef, spice, tomatoes, chickpeas, prunes and onion in a large cast iron casserole or saucepan with heavy base. Cut pomegranate in half and tap seeds into a bowl. Reserve half of the seeds for serving and squeeze remaining seeds into the bowl to collect the juice. Pour juice through a sieve into the casserole discarding the squeezed seeds.
- Add 250ml water and bring to a boil. Cover with lid, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring once to ensure it is not sticking. Add pumpkin and cook for 15-20 minutes or until pumpkin is just tender. Simmer uncovered for 5-10 minutes if sauce needs thickening. Add kale and stir through. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and check seasoning.
- Cook cous cous according to packet directions.
- Place tagine mixture in serving dish and scatter with chopped pistachios and pomegranate seeds, dollops of yoghurt, coriander and lemon wedges. Serve with cous cous.
- Trim any large pieces of fat or sinew off before cooking
- You can make this with chuck steak, but will need to cook it for longer until it's tender before adding the pumpkin, about 1hr 30 minutes.