Flank steak with smashed potatoes and salsa
- Marinate the steak with garlic, olive oil, pepper and mustard. Leave in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Cook the unpeeled potatoes in boiling water for about 12 minutes and leave to cool. ‘Smash’ them by pressing lightly to crack the skin and then flatten them.
- Heat a frying pan; add olive oil and brown potatoes on both sides.
- For the salsa, mix diced tomatoes, onion, parsley, garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove steaks from marinade and cook on a hot grill for 6 minutes on each side (for medium rare). Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice thinly and serve with potatoes and salsa.
- Flank steak becomes tough if cooked past medium.
- This cut is also perfect for slow cooking.