- Serves 4
Healthy Beef Stroganoff
- Place beef strips, half the oil and paprika in a snap lock bag. Season. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 1-2 minutes, turning as required. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil.
- Add remaining oil to pan, add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add Worcestershire, stock and tomato paste, stir well and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream or yoghurt and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Return beef and any juices to pan and heat through for a further for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir through baby spinach.
- Serve beef stroganoff with pasta, steamed beans and broccolini. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
- When cooking beef strips cook first side until the first sign of moisture appears on uncooked side, then turn and cook other side to complete the cooking. This means the beef strips brown well and the meat will be tender.
- Beef fillet, sirloin or scotch fillet cut into strips would also be delicious in this recipe.
- Swap pasta for zoodles (zucchini noodles) for a tasty carb-free choice. Swap baby spinach for baby rocket or kale.