- Serves 4
To ServeSend me these ingredients
Hidden Veg Spag Bol
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and mince and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up mince with a large spoon, until onions are soft and mince is browned.
- Add garlic, carrot, zucchini, mushrooms, tomato paste and herbs to pan and continue to cook for 3 minutes. Add passata and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, for 15 - 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- While the sauce cooks, prepare pasta according to packet instructions and drain. Divide pasta between bowls and top with bolognaise mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan to serve.
- For even quicker prep, pulse veggies in a food processor until finely chopped.
- To further disguise veggies, omit beef in step 1, carefully transfer cooked tomato sauce to a blender or food processor (end of step 2) and pulse until smooth. Then brown the mince, return pureed sauce to pan with the beef, and cook a further 5 mins.