- Serves 6
Indian Beef Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan-forced). Place beef in a large snap lock bag or dish, add half the oil, season and mix well.
- Heat a large ovenproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Brown the beef in 2 or 3 batches, setting beef aside on a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil. Add curry paste, onion, carrot and celery, cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir until vegetables are coated. Gradually pour in stock stirring well. Return beef to the pan with any juices and add tomatoes, fish sauce and brown sugar, stirring until the mixture boils.
- Cover casserole dish, place in oven and cook until beef is tender (2 hours), stirring occasionally, adding extra stock or water if necessary. Add sweet potato and cook for a further 30 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender. Remove from oven, add spinach and set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice, natural yoghurt and fresh mint.
- Naan bread would also make the perfect side dish to this recipe.
- For a milder curry use Korma Paste or Rogan Josh..
- Try adding peas can be added instead of spinach.