Port and spice marinated beef rib roast
- In a bowl, combine Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, allspice, finely grated orange rind and tawny port. Drizzle the spiced port over a standing rib roast and marinate overnight, turning the roast once or twice to ensure it is well coated in the marinade.
- Before barbecuing, place several whole star anise under the string.
- Cook the Beef roast at 200ºC, following our guide below.
- Remove the Beef roast from the BBQ, loosely cover with foil and rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with a simple salad of sliced yellow and red cherry tomatoes, goats cheese and rocket, as well as a side dish of blanched green beans with bread croutons.
- You may also like to try a side of mustard, horseradish cream and onion marmalade.
- Cooking guide:
- RARE: 20 minutes, per 500g
- MEDIUM: 30 minutes, per 500g
- WELL DONE: 35 minutes, per 500g