Porterhouse steak nicoise salad
- Place steaks on a plate. Combine basting sauce ingredients with 1 tbsp olive oil in a small bowl and brush onto both sides of the steak.
- Preheat a BBQ to hot and cook steak for 3 minutes each side, rest and slice.
- Place green beans in a medium bowl and pour over boiling water, allow to sit for 3-4 minutes until cooked but still a little crisp, then drain and refresh in iced water.
- Place eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water, bring to the boil then lower heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes. Drain and cover with cold water. Peel and quarter.
- Combine vinaigrette. Assemble salad ingredients. Top with beef and eggs. Pour over vinaigrette.
- Vinaigrette, salad and eggs can be prepared ahead of time.
- You can leave the anchovies out of the basting sauce if you prefer.
- Try with scotch fillet or rump steak.