Scotch Fillet Carne Asada Tacos
- Mix olive oil and fajita spice together and apply liberally to scotch fillet. Let steak marinate for 30 minutes and come to room temperature.
- Make Pico De Gallo by mixing all ingredients together and seasoning with salt.
- Light BBQ and bring grill to heat. Close the lid to ensure grills are nice and hot.
- Make Green Tomato Verde by baking the green tomatoes in the oven for 10 minutes at 250C. in food processor with all other ingredients.
- Cook steak until desired doneness. Let steak rest for approximately 6 minutes then slice across the grain.
- Toast tortillas for 30 seconds on each side. Assemble tacos by placing some mayo on tortilla, laying baby gem cos lettuce and sliced scotch fillet on top and adding a spoonful of Green Tomato Verde.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta and Pico De Gallo and serve with lime wedges and favourite hot sauce.
- Close the hood on the BBQ while it heats up to give steak a smoky flavour.
- Use an instant thermometer to achieve perfect doneness.
- Ask your butcher for a 3cm thick cut for scotch fillet, any thinner Its more likely to overcook
- Option to use store bought salsa verde rather than making your own to save time