- Serves 6
Slow cooked Texan beef pot roast
- Combine spices and half the oil in a large bowl. Add beef and turn to coat in spice mixture.
- Heat remaining oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Add soy sauce, kecap manis and stock, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 ½ hours or until tender.
- Remove beef, set aside to rest. Strain cooking liquid.
- Place 1 cup (250mls) of cooking liquid in a saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve beef sliced with mashed sweet potato, steamed greens, corn or salad and sauce.
Enjoy this delicious recipe with the cook method of your choice:
- Slow Cooker (2-3 hours)
- BBQ Slow Cooked (1.5 Hours)
- Oven Slow Cooked(1.5 hours)