- Serves 4
To serveSend me these ingredients
Spiced Beef Shawarma
- In a large bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, spices, and garlic. Mix well.
- Cut steak into thin slices against the grain. Transfer to bowl with marinade, stir to coat well, and set aside 10 mins.
- Combine tahini, vinegar, oil, and 2 tbsp water in a small bowl. Stir well and add additional water until sauce reaches your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat a BBQ flat plate or heavy-based skillet to high. Drain marinade from meat. Cook the sliced steak in batches, searing well on one side before flipping. Transfer to a serving plate and repeat with remaining meat. It’s important not to crowd the pan so the meat sears instead of stewing.
- Serve beef shawarma with warmed pita, tomatoes, pickles, lettuce, hummus, and tahini sauce.
- Meat can be marinated overnight, in the refrigerator, for a deeper flavour.
- Tahini sauce will look seized or grainy initially – as you stir in more liquid it will become silky and smooth.