Beef and black bean salad
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan-forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Rub steaks with half the olive oil, sprinkle with Cajun spices and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 4 to 5 minutes each side for medium-rare, or to your liking. Set steaks aside on a plate loosely covered with foil to rest for 10 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Wipe pan clean, lightly spray with olive oil and cook sweet potato for 4 to 5 minutes each side, or until charred and tender. Set aside on a plate.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray the wrap bread with olive oil and place on prepared baking tray. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, turning halfway, or until lightly golden and crisp. Set aside to cool. Break up into pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potato, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, onion, baby spinach, and coriander. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, season and toss to coat.
- Top salad with steak, mountain bread, and coriander sprigs. Serve with lime wedges and natural yoghurt.
- You could use the ingredients to create a quick weeknight nachos – layer mountain bread crisps, sweet potato, beans and steak in a baking dish. Sprinkle with reduced fat grated cheddar cheese, grill until cheese melts and serve with diced tomato, avocado, sour cream and coriander sprigs.
- Sirloin or scotch fillet steak would also work well.
- For a digestive boost, sprinkle the salad with freshly sliced chilli.