Beef, veggie and soba noodle stir-fry
- Heat ½ tablespoon oil in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry beef in 2 batches for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned, setting beef aside on a plate and reheating wok between each batch.
- Add remaining oil and reheat wok over high heat. Add onion and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add carrot and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add corn, sugar snaps, mushrooms and gai lan stems and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add gai lan leaves and stir-fry for a further minute.
- Add noodles and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until warmed through. Return beef to wok, add sauces and stock, toss to warm through. Serve immediately sprinkled with coriander and chilli, if desired.
- When stir-frying meat wait at least 30 seconds before tossing or stir-frying so meat has a chance to sear and become brown. This gives the meat great colour and flavour.
- You could use hokkien, Singapore or udon noodles in this recipe.
- Best beef cuts for stir-frying: use beef stir-fry strips or prepare your own from rib eye/scotch fillet/tenderloin, sirloin/porterhouse/New York, rump, boneless blade, round, oyster blade or topside steaks.