- Serves 4
Char-grilled rump steak with mixed olive sauce
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160° fan-forced). Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Cut top from each tomato and set aside. Remove flesh from tomatoes using a teaspoon, leaving a 1cm-thick border around the edges, discarding flesh. Place tomatoes, cut side down, on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Combine rice, one clove of garlic, zucchini, feta, currants and parsley in a medium bowl. Season. Divide rice mixture among tomato shells. Place on prepared tray. Spray lightly with olive oil spray. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Add reserved tomato tops to tray. Bake for 5 minutes or until tomatoes are tender but still hold their shape.
- Meanwhile, brush steaks with 1 tablespoon oil and season. Heat a char-grill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil to rest for 5 minutes.
- In a non-stick frying pan heat remaining oil over medium heat and gently fry olives for 1 to 2 minutes. Add remaining garlic and capers and fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir through lemon zest and juice. Season.
- Serve steaks with olive sauce, tomatoes, silverbeet and lemon wedges.
- Scotch fillet, sirloin or eye fillet steaks would also work well in this recipe.
- You could use capsicums instead of tomatoes – ½ a small capsicum, deseeded per person – double the rice and feta cheese.
- To save time use microwave brown rice or any other type of microwave rice you like.