- Serves 4
Japanese beef fried rice
- Place beef and teriyaki in a snap lock bag. Set aside for 5 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a wok over medium heat. Whisk eggs with 1 tablespoon cold water and season. Swirl to coat base of wok with egg mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes until just set. Place on a chopping board, roll up and thinly slice.
- Heat remaining oil in wok over high heat. Drain beef from marinade and cook, in batches, for 1-2 minutes. Set aside on a plate. Add sugar snaps, edamame and rice to wok and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until tender and heated through. Add carrot and return beef to wok with extra teriyaki marinade and toss to combine. Top with egg, green onions and chilli. Serve with mayonnaise, if desired.
- When stir-frying the meat wait at least 30 seconds before tossing or stir-frying. This gives the meat a chance to brown, giving it good colour and flavour.
- The second side will take a little less time to cook.
- Once you return the meat to the wok, take care that it does not boil in the liquid or it will toughen. Stir-fry only to combine and warm through.
- Beef mince would also work well in this recipe.