- Serves 12
Mini beef sliders
- In a large bowl combine mince, eschallots, tomato sauce and herbs. Season. With wet hands divide mixture into 12 pieces and shape into small patties.
- In a large non-stick frying pan heat half the oil over medium heat and cook half the patties for 2-3 minutes on one side. Turn and top each pattie with a piece of cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until patties are cooked through and cheese melts. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil. Repeat with remaining oil, patties and cheese.
- Spread bottom halves of buns with aioli. Top with patties, cornichons and baby rocket. Spread top halves of buns with extra tomato sauce and place on top of patties. Thread a tomato half onto a toothpick and secure slider.
- Any leftover mince can be used for burgers, meatballs or rissoles
- Use leftover sliced beef roast, steak or stir-fry strips instead of mince patties.
- Use your choice of condiments from your fridge – mustard, chutney, bbq sauce or horseradish.
- Use whatever herbs you already have in the fridge – parsley, mint, coriander, basil or chives would all work well.
- Use any salad leaves you already have in the fridge.
- Use half a small red or brown onion instead of the eschallots.