- Serves 4
To serveSend me these ingredients
Sweet & Spicy Asian Beef Stir Fry
- Combine sliced steak, ginger, garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk together kimchi liquid, gochujang, soy sauce and sugar – set aside.
- Preheat 1 tbsp oil in a wok or heavy-based skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots, capsicum and onion, cook 3 mins until starting to char. Add mushrooms and baby corn, and cook a further 3 - 5 mins.
- Push veggies to the side of the pan (or transfer to a bowl). Add steak and cook 2 mins until beef is golden. Add snow peas, kimchi, and kimchi sauce to the pan – stir together with the veggies. Cook 2 - 3 mins until sauce starts to thicken. Season to taste.
- Serve beef stir fry with rice, spring onion, sesame seeds, lime, and extra kimchi.
- Vegetables (carrot through snow peas) can be replaced with 800 g frozen stir-fry veg: skip Step 2, add frozen veg with the kimchi in step 3, and cook until heated through.
- Gochujang (Korean chilli paste) and kimchi (spicy cabbage) can be found in Asian food shops and many larger grocery stores. Chilli paste or chilli sauce can be used in place of gochujang.