- Serves 6
DressingSend me these ingredients
Tangy parsley and lemon Beef fattoush salad
- Place beef on a large tray. Mix marinade in a small bowl and brush beef with marinade.
- Preheat a BBQ to medium hot and cook beef, with the lid down, for 20 minutes, turning halfway.
- Rest beef on a clean plate covered loosely with foil. While beef is resting, drizzle asparagus with a little olive oil and grill asparagus until grill marks appear and asparagus is almost tender.
- Place pita pieces on a baking tray, spray with oil spray and sprinkle with pepper and a little spice mix. Bake in oven at 180°C fan forced for 10-15 minutes until crisp.
- Slice beef and dress salad. Fold crisp pita pieces through salad at the last minute; serve extra pita bread on the side.
- Make your own baharat spice mix- with a combination of pepper, allspice, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ground coriander, ground ginger. Adjust to your own taste.
- For a gluten free alternative to pita bread, try adding a little cooked pearl barley or quinoa to the salad. Or if you prefer the crunch, some corn tortillas or gluten free mountain bread.
- Try with beef rump steak or blade steak.